22 April 2010

there and back again



On Saturday night I returned to Rome after almost two weeks of travel, first to Florence on a class trip, and then to beautiful Sicilia with six friends, specifically to Syracuse and Ortigia on the Eastern coast of the island, right on the Mediterranean. Along with a foot-tan in the shape of my sandals, a painting I made and some sea-glass I found, I've brought back so many amazing photographs and adventures (though no run-ins with the Cosa Nostra, the Sicilian Mafia, I regret to say...)


Ortigia was so incredibly gorgeous. It is a Baroque city and looks like some kind of wonderful shipwreck that has risen out of the sea.


We stayed in this great little apartment and just relaxed. We ate the best meals: brioche bread, pasta with eggplant and tomatoes, ricotta with pistacchios, swordfish rolled with breadcrumbs and garnished with olive oil, lemon, pine nuts and raisins, cinnamon gelato... the list could go on and on!


These are all photos I took on our first evening on the island. More to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment